Certified • Experienced • Trauma-Informed
Contract Position • Percentage-Based Compensation + Profit-Sharing
We are looking to partner with a certified, experienced, trauma-informed yoga instructor with knowledge of the history, philosophy, and ethics of yoga, mental health and how to heal trauma through movement and expression as an adjunct to mental health therapy.
The successful candidate will align with the values, vision and mission of MOSAIC FAMILY Counseling Center Inc. This candidate will have a passion for the melding of healing methods to improve physical, spiritual and mental health with a focus on healing trauma. This candidate will have a deep commitment to the development of the partnership. The dedicated candidate will move MFCC’s healing reach to populations who would benefit from the use of Yoga in their healing path.
The yoga instructor is responsible for performing yoga poses in precise alignment, using the correct terminology, and safely guiding students through the flow of the practice. You should also be knowledgeable in the implementation of the chakra system and mindful meditation.
To ensure success as a yoga instructor, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to build relationships, as well as lead yoga sessions. Your passion for health and wellness, coupled with knowledge of the anatomy of the human body and physiology, will ensure success.
This position also requires flexibility for scheduling according to client needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete and submit the application below, then email your resume to [email protected]
- Conduct and lead yoga classes.
- Visually assess students to determine their level of practice.
- Assist students to achieve precise alignment.
- Demonstrate practice and techniques.
- Possess the ability to move energy through the body.
- Transform energy during the warm-up, build-up and cool-down stages.
- Motivate students with words of encouragement.
- Connect with students during the yoga classes through fun, intelligent sequencing.
- Offer training recommendations to improve the practice of yoga.
- Engage in administrative duties.
- Yoga certification with Yoga Alliance.
- Minimum of 200 hours of experience.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- Education or experience in health and fitness is preferable.
- Education or experience with Trauma Informed Yoga Methods
- The art of teaching the Vinyasa Flow.
- Knowledge of the Chakra System, Pranayama, mantra and mindful meditation.
- Business and administration skills.
- Ability to work after-hours, on weekends and some holidays, as needed.
- Maintain all licenses, continuing education and liability insurance.
- Utilize networking opportunities to build relationships and reach for services
- Have excellent communication skills
- Organizational and an orientation toward details
- The ability to identify when a client may need extra assistance or resources and make recommendations
- Knowledge of community resource